(L to R: Amanda E. Johnson and KJ Miller)
As 2017 comes to an end we can't help but to reflect on this phenomenal journey we've had launching Mented Cosmetics. It hasn't always been easy revolutionizing the world of beauty for women of color; but it has always been worth it!
It's hard to pick just one highlight - it's been such an amazing year. If I have to name just one, though, I'll go with speaking on a panel with Jackie Aina. I've been watching her videos for YEARS, and it was such an honor meeting her and being asked to speak about brand building with her. She's done so much to help us brown girls get our beats together - it was a dream come true!
- A new president. #sorrynotsorry
- An amazing moisturizer/SPF combo (black may not crack but why take chances?)
- A lifetime supply of Beauty Blenders - I'm addicted to those sponges but LAWD are they expensive
- The perfect red dress (if you haven't noticed I spend a lot of time in red)
- A lipstick collab with Gabrielle Union, Kerry Washington, or Priyanka Chopra (or better yet all 3!)
What an incredible year! I’m so proud that we’ve grown from simply having an idea of changing the world of beauty to actually making it happen. The highlight of that was our live interview on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange on Cheddar TV. It was truly a surreal moment when people who analyze businesses for a living were congratulating us on the progress we’ve made and the brand we’re building.
- More vacations for all. We’d all be a lot happier with more rest and relaxation
- A closet of Manolo Blahnik heels in ever color and fabric choice.
- Mented product placement in a film directed by Ava Duvernay with a cast of people of color
- Become proficient in Spanish again. #sÍsepuede
- We all get more politically active and rock the 2018 midterm elections. Remember that every vote counts.