Genevieve is wearing our Dark Night lipstick
We asked the Executive Editor of OKmagazine.com Genevieve Uzamere, what products she considers here beauty life savers. "As the editor of a digital magazine, I never know what each day is going to bring. Early mornings in the office covering breaking news lead to on-camera segments and after-work red carpet events. In my line of work, you need to be prepared for everything, which means keeping a drawer stocked with beauty products to maintain your beauty baseline and elevate the look when necessary."
My top 5 beauty lifesavers:
- Up & Up Exfoliating Wet Cleansing Towelettes - These Target brand wipes do it all. They take off any residual dirt and oil that may still be on your skin after washing, they clean up lip/eye lines, and they provide a super easy way to freshen up your face at the end of a work day.
- Becca Ever Matte Primer - If you're like me and you tend to get shiny, this product is essential. It works well underneath foundation, but also works great on top of makeup if you need to mattify on the go.
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Concealer and Foundation- The Estee Lauder Double Wear line does not budge at all. If you keep long hours, you need makeup that is working long hours with you!
- Milani Infinite Liquid Eyeliner - This is the only eyeliner I've ever used that does not bleed, even at the end of the day. This stuff isn't coming off until you remove it.
- Mented Cosmetics Dope Taupe Lipstick - The only lipstick I've ever worn that make my lips feel as good as lip balm does. So many lip colors feel dry or gunky on the lips, which I hate! Plus, this shade is the perfect bold brown for my skin color, which instantly takes my look to the next level for camera work or an after-work event.