It’s that time of year again, new year, new you and a new attitude. But forget all that, we are focusing on a NEW LOOK! What’s the best way to bring in the new year? Feeling confident and gorgeous in full glam of course! So prepare to pump up the volume, smoke out some lashes and dare I say rock a new or nude lip! Now before we get started, here’s a few tips on how to achieve a smokey eye, one of the most daunting tasks in the beauty game.
- Remember to always keep the darkest product/point near the lash line. That way, more attention is drawn to the eye rather than the eye makeup.
- Simple is the solution, no more than three eyeshadows to get this gorgeous look HUNNY!
- Blending is your new BFF, no matter how dark you go with this look it doesn’t matter the shades or the lashes but how well you can create a seamless flow of color. That’s what gives you that sultry sexy vibe.
- And now our most important tip: YOU GOT THIS GIRL! NOW LET’S GET IT!
- Following proper prep and prime, apply Skin by Mented Foundation starting on the center of the face and working your way out with the Mented foundation brush for a seamless, streakless finish. For any areas that require extra coverage apply an extra bit of foundation since the Skin by Mented foundation also serves as a concealer.
- For a little under-eye highlight grab a Skin by Mented Foundation stick about two to three shades lighter than your foundation shade and place the highlight shade in the under-eye area, around the base of the nose, chin, and center of the forehead. All of the areas where the light will hit.
- Blend the highlight out and set with Skin Silk Setting Powder in your proper highlight shade.
- Grab the Mented powder brush and lightly set your face, with the Skin Silk Setting Powder, placing a particular focus on your areas that are prone to oil.
- Lightly fill in your brows, only in the sparse areas, with the High Precision Brow Pencil in Brow Down making sure not to create an eyebrow that is too harsh. Make sure to mimic the hairs in your natural brows with hairlike strokes creating an imperceptible filled in brow.
- Add dimension to the face with a bronzer/blush combo. Take a large fluffy brush and swirl it into the Sunkissed Bronzer, tapping off the excess. Apply the bronzer to the areas of the face the sun is likely to hit, the temples, cheeks and jawline adding warmth to the face. Grab a denser more tightly packed brush and apply the blush Peach for the Stars onto the apples of the cheeks making sure to tap the pigment into the skin. Heads up, this blush features a little shimmer we are serving glow as we go into the new year!
- Start by applying a midtown brown shade, Harlem, from the Everynight Eyeshadow Palette all over the lid. This creates a subtle smokey base.
- Take a flat liner brush dipped in Brooklyn, along the lash line. Make sure that color is placed evenly between the lashes to make the eyes pop. To increase the intensity, wet the brush prior to dipping into the shadow.
- Layer a dark tone shadow, Brooklyn, or Atlanta if you want a more chocolatey brown smokey look. Blend this shadow halfway up the lid and into that Harlem shade (the lid color).
- Apply Brooklyn along the lower lashline by softly pressing the brush on to the root of the lower lashes. Then smudge out with a pencil brush or your fingers for that smoky look.
- Before adding mascara take a blending brush and blend the edges of shadow all around the eye, making sure that there are no harsh lines.
- Time for the finishing touches, take your favorite mascara and apply three to four coats for that full on lash effect. Feel free to apply some mascara onto the lower lashline as well.
Who doesn’t love a smokey eye paired with a glossy nude lip? Line your lips with LaLa Liner and fill in the color with Peach Please Semi-Matte Lipstick. Apply Mauve Over Lip Gloss on top and step out for your NYE celebration.