Jingle bells, jingle bells, we love a Christmas slay! We’re serving looks all day and night for a Mented Holiday! The holiday season, while the most wonderful time of the year, isn’t just about giving gifts, and spending time with your family. It’s the one chance a year to really indulge in some holiday glam! Whether Rudolph red lips, or a color palette of gilded gold Christmas looks allow you to do a little something simple or the absolute most.
A color palette that looks stunning on a variety of skin tones is that of rose gold. Since Christmas tends to be a busy day, a rose gold monochromatic look will give you holiday glam in a holiday snap. Gilded gold mixed with a little Rudolph rose is serving Ho Ho hot holiday tea!
- A Christmas look needs a radiant base and flawless coverage. Following proper prep and prime, apply Skin by Mented Foundation starting on the center of the face and working your way out with the Mented foundation brush for a seamless, streakless finish. For any areas that require extra coverage apply an extra bit of foundation since the Skin by Mented foundation also serves as a concealer.
- For a little under-eye highlight grab a Skin by Mented Foundation stick about two to three shades lighter than your foundation shade and place the highlight shade in the under-eye area, around the base of the nose, chin, and center of the forehead. All of the areas where the light will hit.
- Blend the highlight out and set with Skin Silk Setting Powder in your proper highlight shade.
- Thanks to the skinlike finish of the foundation, there is no cake face insight. Grab the Mented powder brush and lightly set your face, with the Skin Silk Setting Powder, placing a particular focus on your areas that are prone to oil.
- Lightly fill in your brows, only in the sparse areas, with the High Precision Brow Pencil in Brow Down making sure not to create an eyebrow that is too harsh. Make sure to mimic the hairs in your natural brows with hairlike strokes creating an imperceptible filled in brow.
- Add dimension to the face with a bronzer/blush combo. Take a large fluffy brush and swirl it into the Sunkissed Bronzer, tapping off the excess. Apply the bronzer to the areas of the face the sun is likely to hit, the temples, cheeks and jawline adding warmth to the face. Grab a denser more tightly packed brush and apply the blush Clay Too Much onto the apples of the cheeks making sure to tap the pigment into the skin.
- For the eyes, the center of this makeup look, you need your Everynight Eyeshadow palette. First, prime your eyes with an eyeshadow primer. While many think concealer is a good base, concealer is a moisturizing product. When applied to the skin on the eyelids, shadows are more likely to crease because of the moisture. Take a fluffy brush, dipped in both Houston and Philly and apply this mixture of shades onto the lids. Take a fluffy brush dipped in Philly and Harlem and apply this as the transition shade in the crease angling out in a cat-eye motion. Drag this shade onto the lower lash line and smoke out this area lightly. With a flat shader brush dipped into both Las Vegas and New Orleans and pat directly onto the lid. With a pencil brush apply a mixture of Brooklyn and Atlanta on the lower lash line from the middle to the outer corner of the eye. Take a thin flat brush dipped in Brooklyn and stamp this along the upper lash line as eyeliner. Then, with a pencil brush smoke it out. Apply mascara to both the top and bottom lashes to add volume and intensity to the look. Tip: To ensure no mascara transfers onto the lid, hold an index card behind your lashes while applying mascara and any excess will end up there instead of on your eyeshadow.
- For the finishing touches on the lips, line your lips with Bare Liner. Fill in the lips with Nude LaLa Semi-Matte Lipstick and add Peach Please Semi-Matte Lipstick into the center of the bottom lip. Grab Send Nudes Lip Gloss and apply on top.
- Lastly, take a fluffy brushed dipped in Miami from the Everynight Eyeshadow Palette and lightly appy that to your upper cheekbones giving you a subtly but gleaming holiday highlight.