Mented Cosmetics is a venture-backed, premium beauty brand transforming the industry with products and marketing that celebrate the beauty of diversity. Mented was started in a 1-bedroom Harlem apartment; we’ve got humble beginnings and a global vision, and we need teammates with the humility and big dreams to match. At Mented we bring our whole selves to work, because changing the landscape of beauty - and the world along with it - requires more than intelligence; it takes passion, grit, and character. We’re building a diverse team that loves helping our community feel beautiful - if that sounds like it’s up your alley, read below to learn more about this opportunity.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to support the CEO and COO with everything from schedule management to product research. We're looking for someone who's adept at organizing a calendar, facilitating team communication, researching trends, and general office management. A confident, take charge mindset, and strong organizational skills are a must. Must be available 8am - 8pm on weekdays (though in-office hours are more like 9-7), and while we try to keep weekends as low-touch as possible, you'll need to be available to answer emails on weekends too.
Strong communication skills, work ethic, and bachelor’s degree required, along with an outgoing and pleasant personality. Must be comfortable using Google Drive (docs, spreadsheets and presentations).
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with clients
- Prepare internal and external corporate documents for team members and industry partners
- Schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries
- Arrange corporate events to take place outside of the work place, such as retreats, off site meetings, and staff appreciation events
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and clientele
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years work experience in assistant roles
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Friendly and professional demeanor
Some benefits and perks of working at Mented:
- Great health and dental plans for individuals and dependents, commuter plans, flexible vacation and personal days as needed.
- It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.