Mented Cosmetics is a venture-backed, premium beauty brand transforming the industry with products and marketing that celebrate the beauty of diversity. Mented was started in a 1-bedroom Harlem apartment; we’ve got humble beginnings and a global vision, and we need teammates with the humility and big dreams to match. At Mented we bring our whole selves to work, because changing the landscape of beauty - and the world along with it - requires more than intelligence; it takes passion, grit, and character. We’re building a diverse team that loves helping our community feel beautiful - if that sounds like it’s up your alley, read below to learn more about this opportunity.
The Consumer Marketing Director is a data-driven strategic marketing lead responsible for all customer acquisition and retention efforts. We’re in high-growth mode, but looking to grow our base responsibly by managing both CAC and retention metrics. You’ll help our team to set our growth strategy, oversee the operation of all direct-response advertising efforts, and measure program performance. In addition, you’ll be responsible for driving LTV by developing, executing, and iterating on cross-sell/up-sell initiatives as well as retention strategies to drive brand loyalty and evangelism. You’ll be joining a lean and growing startup, so you should thrive in a fast-paced environment, be organized and detail oriented, and maintain a can-do attitude with a willingness to pitch in where needed.
- Oversee our customer acquisition program, optimizing the efficiency of existing efforts and testing across new channels, creatives, and messaging strategies, all while managing towards CPA and payback goals
- Develop and test strategies to boost organic growth including referral marketing, email marketing, and ambassador programs
- Own KPIs relating to customer retention with an eye towards continually improving churn and increasing LTV
- Develop marketing strategies for product launches to drive awareness for new products among current base and expand Mented’s acquisition efforts to new customer segments
- Own budgeting and forecasting process for growth pillar and partner closely with finance to actualize performance and create reliable forecasting models
- Partner with physical and digital product team to pilot site marketing efforts including landing page strategies, sampling programs, and conversion improvement strategies to enhance conversion rate and AOV
- Coach and develop current team and build a best-in-class growth marketing team as our program grows
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field such as economics, mathematics, or computer science is desired. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of marketing experience, overseeing concept to launch strategies, ideally in consumer packaged goods or retail
- You’ve managed multi-million dollar marketing budgets and have experience with media allocation, managing vendors and building growth forecasts
- You are measurement-obsessed and proud to be an excel power user
- Demonstrated experience in defining, articulating, developing and driving a marketing vision to team members, agencies, and retail partners at all levels
- Prior experience in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment, with proven ability to prioritize, juggle multiple tasks, be a go-to-decider and doer
- Demonstrated understanding of the customer focused experience
- Proven track record as a results and metrics-driven leader
- Track record of partnering closely with and effectively communicating with cross-functional teams within a small organization.
- Excellence in Communication (written, verbal, presentation). A story teller.
Some benefits and perks of working at Mented:
- Great health and dental plans for individuals and dependents, commuter plans, competitive equity packages, flexible vacation and personal days as needed.
- It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.
Email email@example.com with the job title in the subject line and please include your resume.