It’s Holiday Season Honey! And you know what that means, RED LIPS BABAY!!!!!
Does the idea of applying red lipstick make you a little nervous? We know the feeling! But, to get you into that cheery holiday spirit we have five quick tips to get you to that poppin’ red lip!
- Love complementing your eye color with your makeup? Apply that to your lips! Brown eyes work best with cool blue-toned lip colors, like deep reds and purple based red lipsticks like our red matte lipstick in Red Rover, a deep berry red. For those with blue or green eyes, warm orange-based reds are right up your alley. Red & Butter is the perfect choice for these slaying sistahs and that bright red lipstick has yellow undertones.
- No red lip is complete without the perfect pout. Before applying your favorite red lipstick, trace your cupid’s bow with a light shade of Skin by Mented Foundation. This creates brightness in that area that allows the lips to naturally appear fuller and crisper to the eye.
- The perfect red lip starts with precision. The best way to achieve this is by working backward. First, apply your lipstick, then liner to create the shape that you’re looking for. Remember not to use a lip liner that is the same color as your lipstick. Chances are you won’t find it and you’ll get a two-toned look that you weren’t going for. Find a shade that is close to your natural lip color to create a natural ombre effect for the red color. Unsure of your perfect natural color, check out our Lipstick Quiz. Don’t worry, the liners are the same shade, so whatever your perfect nude in lipstick is, the liner will be the same.
- Still a little nervous about rocking such a bold lip? Tone it down a little so you feel confident and comfortable. Instead of applying the color straight onto your lips from the bullet, use your finger to tap the shade onto the lips. This will give you a pretty stain effect instead of full-on saturated color!
- Ever heard of applying setting powder over a red lip? Don’t do it sis! This is a myth. When applying setting powder over lipstick, it can oxidize, change the lip color and accentuate creasing. Need a lipstick with staying power? Try our Red Matte Trio for a poppin’ red lip this holiday season!