It’s Springtime! Petals are poppin’, pastels are here, and it’s time for you to shake a little somethin’ with your crew at the brunch table! With this positive energy in the air, we had to create a look that is just as springy, bouncy and gorgeous as you are love! Grab the mimosas and let’s get into it!
Nothing says Spring beauty quite like pastels and airy colors so for this look we are going for pastel with a drop of nude: warm pink-toned eyes with a nude flush on the cheeks and just bitten nude lip.
- Following proper prep and prime, apply Skin by Mented Foundation starting on the center of the face and blend outward with your Foundation Brush for a seamless, streakless finish.
- Springtime brings warmer temperatures so our foundation stick is optimal for light to medium coverage with a weightless feel. If you’re really not vibing with a full-on foundation, try mixing a bit of foundation with your favorite lightweight moisturizer for a tinted moisturizer. No heavy coverage or runny foundation this summer!
- For a little under-eye highlight grab a Skin by Mented Foundation stick about two to three shades lighter than your foundation shade and place the highlight shade in the under-eye area, around the base of the nose, chin, and center of the forehead. All of the areas where the light will hit.
- Blend the highlight out and set with Skin Silk Setting Powder in your proper highlight shade.
- To ensure your oils are at bay throughout the day, grab the Mented powder brush and lightly set your face, with the Skin Silk Setting Powder
- Lightly fill in your brows, only in the sparse areas, with the High Precision Brow Pencil in Brow Down making sure not to create an eyebrow that is too harsh.
- Start toward the end of the brow and work your way toward the front, with hairlike strokes creating an imperceptible filled-in brow.
- Add a little sunkissed warmth to the face with our Sunkissed Bronzer. Take a large fluffy brush and swirl it into the Sunkissed Bronzer, tapping off the excess. Apply the bronzer to the areas of the face the sun is likely to hit, the temples, cheeks and jawline.
- Now let’s add those pinks to the face: Grab a denser more tightly packed brush and apply Pinky Promise mixed with Peach for the Stars onto the apples of the cheeks making sure to tap the pigment into the skin. Heads up, if you want a little warmer more muted red tone for this look feel free to swirl the brush in Clay Too Much as well for a warmer base.
- Let’s add a gorgeous highlight! Grab your Sunkissed Highlighter Palette and dip your brush into Glow Up, the gold shade and dust it onto your cheekbones, down the center of your nose and over your brow bone lightly.
Let’s get these pastel eyes poppin’!
- Start by applying a warm matte beige, Houston, from the Everynight Eyeshadow Palette all over the lid. This creates a nice warm base.
- Take a tapered blending brush, dab it into Atlanta, a matte purple-brown and place that into the outer corner of the eye winging it out into a cat-eye shape. With a fluffy brush blend the shadow out evenly diffusing the color.
- Take a flat liner brush dipped in Atlanta, along the lash line. Make sure that color is placed evenly between the lashes to make the eyes pop. To increase the intensity, wet the brush prior to dipping into the shadow.
- With a flat shader brush take Los Angeles, a rose pink shimmer, and pat over the eyelid.
- With the same brush dipped in Chicago, a champagne shimmer, and place on the first half of the eyelid.
- Dab your pencil brush into Chicago and Miami, and place it into the inner tear duct to brighten that area of the eye.
- Apply Atlanta along the lower lashline by softly pressing the brush onto the root of the lower lashes. Then smudge out with a pencil brush or your fingers to soften the look.
- Before adding mascara take a blending brush and blend the edges of shadow all around the eye, making sure that there are no harsh lines.
- Time for the finishing touches, take your favorite mascara and apply three to four coats for that full-on lash effect. Feel free to apply some mascara onto the lower lashline as well.
Lastly the lips!
Give that gorgeous face a once over, grab your gloss and head to brunch! It’s gonna be a Mimosa Moment!