Mented Cosmetics is a venture-backed, premium beauty brand transforming the industry with products and marketing that celebrate the beauty of diversity. Mented was started in a 1-bedroom Harlem apartment; we’ve got humble beginnings and a global vision, and we need teammates with the humility and big dreams to match. At Mented we bring our whole selves to work, because changing the landscape of beauty - and the world along with it - requires more than intelligence; it takes passion, grit, and character. We’re building a diverse team that loves helping our community feel beautiful - if that sounds like it’s up your alley, read below to learn more about this opportunity.
The Marketing Department is looking for an in-house marketing guru to handle everyday social media marketing, influencer management, and affiliate marketing. S/he will assist the Marketing Lead in managing the social media accounts, produce content, growing brand awareness, consistently engaging with our community, manage influencer relationships, and implement strategies and campaigns. This individual should have an interest in the beauty industry, and experience within the industry is preferred. We are a rapidly growing brand and want a team player who will energetically help enhance our brand and social presence, and will adapt and grow with the role as the company grows.
- Manage and schedule content for social platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, and Twitter
- Copy writing with proper grammar
- Guide, moderate, and monitor discussions and relevant conversations happening across our social channels
- Communicate trends and relevant/timely news to management, and assistance in strategy and execution
- Identify new and innovative ways of capturing new audiences and expanding reach
- Manage influencer programs (product mailers, contract management, detailed spreadsheet reporting)
- Grow incremental revenue through the affiliate program
Perform frequent competitive analysis, communicate findings, recommend changes,
updates and improvements to support the company’s objectives.
Stay on top of defined analytics and key performance indicators (i.e. community growth,
engagement), and generate reports- based on KPIs as well as conversations, feedback,
sentiment – that enable optimization
- Brainstorming and pitching content ideas
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field
- Minimum 2 years in a similar role with management of social media accounts for a brand or organization
- Perfect grammar abilities, excellent writing and communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and social management platforms. Enthusiastic about learning new platforms and tools is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines.
- Strong customer relationship skills- A friendly and customer centric tone in community management
- Strong capacity for multi-tasking, working independently and time management
- Must be an active user of social media
- Skilled in using Photoshop and Illustrator, a plus
- Experience editing/retouching photos in Photoshop, a plus
- Photography and/or video editing experience, a plus
Some benefits and perks of working at Mented:
- Opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market
- Great health and dental plans for individuals and dependents, commuter plans, competitive equity packages, flexible vacation and personal days as needed
- Fun working environment
- Generous holiday calendar and work-from-home flexibility
- Stock options for positions starting at Manager and above
Only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Mented Cosmetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You can view the brand website at www.mentedcosmetics.com.
Email email@example.com with the job title in the subject line and please include your resume.